Professor Dendy's favorite quote:

"If it dies, it's biology; if it blows up, it's chemistry;

if it doesn't work, it's physics!" - John Wilkes

As quoted from grafitti on a bathroom wall.

Search Engine

Custom Search

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More of the same… Liberal lies


They (the Liberals) say that we should be free and equal. What do the Liberals mean exactly? Do they mean free to think or form opinions? Do they mean free to express your thoughts or feelings, emotions or opinions?

They say that because I am a Christian (I am a Christian because I have a deep emotional, psychological, and most importantly, spiritual connection with my Creator through salvation) that I am close minded, a homophobe, a racist, a bigot, a fascist… They continue their bashing of conservative-minded people who expose Liberalism for what it is.

They spew forth obscenities freely and wonder why we don’t want them teaching our children. They say their bodies are theirs, to use as they please, but they want us to foot the bill for their abortions, their addictions, and their bad choices.

They say that children should be taught homosexuality and other alternative lifestyles so that children can choose their own path, but they forbid the mention of Intelligent Design or Creation in the classroom as an alternative to evolution.

What is it Liberals? Do you really mean it when you say your goal is for everyone to be free and equal? Or do you mean that you want everyone to be free to think like a Liberal, talk like a Liberal, and act like a Liberal? And what exactly do you mean by equal? Oh wait… I think I get it! We all become equal when we talk, think, and act like a Liberal… eh?

Well thanks Liberals, but for now I think I will pass on “your” generous offering of freedom and equality and remain in bondage to my conservative Christian values!

1 comment:

  1. Apparently Professor Dendy wants my comments on this post. Well, happy to oblige and all that, but I'm aware that by asking me to do so he is trying to distract me from asking him about evolution - a topic he seems to know nothing about despite being a professor of biology.

    Well OK. Unlike Professor Dendy, I don't claim to speak for all liberals. I'm not sure I count as 'a liberal' anyway: I have views which would generally be considered liberal and some that are not. Professor Dendy's first mistake is to create some kind of hypethetical liberal stance: it's not actually all or nothing. It's not black or white. A person's political stance is generally nuanced and so slaveringly creating strawmen is wearisome at best. But I said I'd address the professor's points - even though I am confident that he won't address mine - so here goes:

    Professor Dendy has made frequent use of the word 'they' as those all people with liberal leanings are of one mind. He has used this deliberate mischaracterisation to create various strawmen:

    > They (the Liberals) say that we should be
    > free and equal. What do the Liberals mean
    > exactly? Do they mean free to think or
    > form opinions? Do they mean free to
    > express your thoughts or feelings,
    > emotions or opinions?

    Yes. Well, I can only speak for myself as someone somewhat liberal and someone well aware of the trap you think I'm plunging into. But yes. Of course.

    > They say that because I am a Christian (I
    > am a Christian because I have a deep
    > emotional, psychological, and most
    > importantly, spiritual connection with my
    > Creator through salvation) that I am close
    > minded, a homophobe, a racist, a bigot, a
    > fascist… They continue their bashing of
    > conservative-minded people who expose
    > Liberalism for what it is.

    Again, who are 'they'? Since you are making this claim, could you point to some resources that say you personally are a bigot, homophobe, racist etc. *because* you are a Christian?

    > They say that children should be taught
    > homosexuality and other alternative
    > lifestyles so that children can choose
    > their own path, but they forbid the
    > mention of Intelligent Design or Creation
    > in the classroom as an alternative to
    > evolution.

    Do you deny that homosexuality exists? Again, I'm not sure about these made-up 'liberals' you cite, but personally I accept homosexuality as a truth. It happens in people and in many animals, regardless of whether you decide to deny it.

    I am therefore in favour of teaching people that homosexuality exists because as a matter of fact, it exists.

    The case with ID is not the same. There is no reason to suggest that ID is anything but a completely made up conceit.

    > What is it Liberals? Do you really mean it
    > when you say your goal is for everyone to
    > be free and equal? Or do you mean that you
    > want everyone to be free to think like a
    > Liberal, talk like a Liberal, and act like
    > a Liberal? And what exactly do you mean by
    > equal? Oh wait… I think I get it! We all
    > become equal when we talk, think, and act
    > like a Liberal… eh?

    You have not at all demonstrated that people of a liberal persuasion think and act like that. In the absence of evidence, it seems likely that you have simply made it up, as you have made up your objections to evoluion.

    You STILL haven't defended your objections to evolution, by the way. I'm still waiting. Perhaps you could put another post on my blog about how impolite I am. That should deflect from the fact that YOU HAVE NO ANSWERS for a few seconds. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete