Professor Dendy's favorite quote:

"If it dies, it's biology; if it blows up, it's chemistry;

if it doesn't work, it's physics!" - John Wilkes

As quoted from grafitti on a bathroom wall.

Search Engine

Custom Search

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Don’t put anything in writing!

That’s what my mama and my daddy taught me… but now, as a sit here trying to recall some of the last notes I made on the computer, prior to my hard drive failing, I am rethinking their lesson and just exactly what their advice, “Don’t put anything in writing!” applies to.

You know technology can be nice and convenient, but it can turn on you like a 17 year old daughter who has just had her cell phone blocked… in my case, a computer crash caused by a hard drive failure.

To top it off, the data that I had so religiously and meticulously backed up to an external drive, cannot be restored for some unknown reason, very much unlike my relationship with my daughter once I unblock her phone!

What a day! As a man I would say technological advances (gadgets) these days are a lot like women… sometimes they are hard to live with, but you can’t live without them!

Your comments are welcomed by email, text, tweet, or you can just pick up the phone and call them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment